See the latest in our video series:
To help you understand the breadth of member benefits available to you as a GCAAR member, we've launched a series of videos titled "The More You Know... about GCAAR." Take a look at the latest installment in the series! We'll bring you more of these GCAAR "commercials" as the year continues.
In 2020, the pandemic didn't slow us down!
We stayed committed to serving you
We’re proud to represent our members, and we couldn’t have achieved so many of our goals in this challenging time without your support. This year, GCAAR successfully advocated for establishing REALTORS® as “essential”; pivoted to virtual classes; planned for long-term financial stability; launched the History and Power of Real Estate webinar series; revamped our communications; and held a wildly successful REALTOR® Fest. Take a look at some of GCAAR's biggest accomplishments in 2020. Thank you, and here’s to 2021!
GCAAR’s greatest asset is you – our members
We’re always looking for ways to give back, support your professional goals and connect with you. From awards and recognition to continuing education courses, as
well as our volunteer opportunities and Emergency Relief Program, we are here to celebrate your achievements and help you reach further as REALTORS®, community members and individuals. Because of how much we value you, we wanted to remind you
about the perks and benefits your GCAAR membership has to offer you and encourage you to take advantage of them.
Professional advancement & education
- Continuing education: GCAAR’s many classes help you meet your education requirements and honor your commitment to yourself, your clients
and your industry.
- Designations & certifications: Look to GCAAR to start on your path to success in real estate. Designations and certifications are an excellent way to enhance your professionalism and increase your skills, proficiency and
real estate knowledge. GCAAR offers several designation and certification courses throughout each year.
- Profession Sessions: This series of virtual professional development webinars is designed to help you hone your craft and get answers to questions you may not have even known you had - at no cost to you, as a GCAAR member.
REALTOR® tools & resources
- Bright MLS: GCAAR members get a discounted rate on Bright MLS, which averages to $216 a year in savings. You can reach them toll-free at 1-844-552-7444 or 301-838-7100, or
- Contract form services: Not only does GCAAR house our Montgomery County and District of Columbia contracts on this website, but GCAAR’s contract form services
for members include access through zipForm®, Dotloop and Docusign.
- Industry-related materials: GCAAR produces several regular publications that inform and support members, including Capital Area REALTOR® magazine,
our weekly email newsletter, Newsline, our broker/office manager email newsletter, Broker Beat and Real Advocacy, our monthly email legislative update. We also offer members a free subscription to the real estate journal Inman Select,
and monthly housing statistics reports.
- Member discounts: As a member, you receive discounted rates for GCAAR’s events, continuing education and professional designation courses and a variety of other discounts for tools and resources important to your profession.
- REALTOR® Store: GCAAR’s store sells REALTOR®-branded promotional items, brochures and clothing.
- SentriLock: SentriLock’s services include the SentriKey app and Bluetooth lockboxes that can help REALTORS® access listings and showings. You can reach them at 513-618-5800
Protecting your interests
- Legal Hotline: We also have our direct, toll-free Legal Hotline, which gives REALTOR® members access to qualified attorneys who can answer legal questions on real estate law, contracts and forms specific to Montgomery County and the District
of Columbia. The hotline is intended to provide legal risk management (although it is not authoritative legal advice), and GCAAR REALTORS®, brokers and office managers may call the hotline an unlimited number of times. You can reach the hotline by emailing GCAARHotline@ctitle.net
or by calling 202-686-0100.
- Political advocacy: GCAAR’s political advocacy staff works on your behalf to make sure the interests of REALTORS® are represented in the region’s policy decision-making.
- Professional standards support: We offer support around the National Association of REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics and Professional Standards, by offering help with filing ethics complaints and help with mediating and arbitrating
Networking and events
- Events: GCAAR hosts a number of annual, members-only events—virtually, for the time being, including REALTOR® Fest, our largest event,
the Installation and various smaller events throughout the year. In 2020, we launched a new webinar series, The History & Power of Real Estate, to explore the issue of race in the
real estate industry.
- Involvement and networking opportunities: Members have many opportunities to get more deeply involved in GCAAR and support other professionals in their community, primarily through volunteering on committees and
participating in town halls and Broker/Manager Forums.
- Marketing opportunities: Marketing your real estate business can feel like a full-time job in and of itself, so GCAAR offers marketing opportunities to help ease some of that work. Members have an opportunity to advertise in
Capital Area REALTOR® magazine, and in our weekly email newsletter, Newsline. We also offer member-discounted rates for event sponsorship opportunities that
can help you get the word out about your work.
Behind each of these benefits and services is GCAAR’s mission to help every member thrive in the field. Through this changing world that we are all navigating together, GCAAR delivers the advocacy, education, resources and services you need to build your career, enhance your network and excel in the local, state and national real-estate industries.
If you’re not already a GCAAR member, we invite you to join us today, or reach out to us for additional information. We would
love to have you as part of our association!