Real Estate Designations and Certifications
Look to GCAAR Education in 2020 to start on your path to success in real estate. Designations and certifications are an excellent way to enhance your professionalism and increase your skills,
proficiency, and knowledge in the field of real estate.
- Virtual GRI courses start Sept. 9! Now you can register for virtual Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (GRI) courses this fall, courtesy of the District of Columbia Association of REALTORS® (DCAR) and GCAAR. Bonus? Completing all four series of courses (100, 200, 300 and 400-level) meets the 135-hour pre-licensing education requirements for DC broker licensure. Courses take place starting Sept. 9 and continue every other Wednesday thereafter. SEE THE FULL SCHEDULE OF CLASSES.
REALTORS® with the GRI designation have in-depth training in legal and regulatory issues, technology, professional standards, and the sales process. Earning the designation is a way to stand out to prospective buyers and sellers as a professional with expertise in these areas.
NAR Family Designations
- The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is designed for real estate buyer agents who focus on working
directly with buyer-clients at every stage of the home-buying process.
- Instantly align yourself with the best in international real estate by earning the CIPS designation. The designation requires
completion of five full-day courses focusing on the critical aspects of international real estate transactions. CIPS designees are connected to an influential network of more than 3,500 professionals who turn to each other first when looking for
- The CRS designation is the highest credential awarded to residential sales agents, managers, and brokers. On average, CRS designees
earn nearly three times more in income, transactions, and gross sales than non-designee REALTORS®
Residential Real Estate Council Certifications
- Smart Home Certification is for the real estate professional who wants to develop expertise in the technology, privacy issues and best transitions
practices involved in selling and buying smart homes. Earn this certification while working towards your CRS designation.
- The Digital Marketing: Social Media certification is for real estate professionals who want
to develop expertise with social media resources and sites that are an essential part of today's digital marketing mix whether you are promoting your business or the properties you represent. Earn this certification while working toward your
NAR Family Certifications
Military Relocation Professional / MRPNAR's Military Relocation Professional certification focuses on educating real estate professionals about working with current and former military service members to find housing solutions that best suit
their needs and take full advantage of military benefits and support.
Pricing Strategy Advisor / PSAEnhance your skills in pricing properties, creating CMAs, working with appraisers, and guiding clients through the anxieties and misperceptions they often have about home values with NAR’s Pricing Strategy
The National Association of REALTORS® and its affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils offer many other designations and certifications. If you would like to learn about other NAR Family Designations & Certifications, please visit