Real Estate Designations and Certifications
Look to GCAAR Education in 2020 to start on your path to success in real estate. Designations and certifications are an excellent way to enhance your professionalism and increase your skills,
proficiency, and knowledge in the field of real estate.
Graduate, REALTOR® Institute / GRI
- Virtual GRI courses coming soon, courtesy of the District of Columbia Association of REALTORS® (DCAR) and GCAAR. Bonus? Completing all four series of courses (100, 200, 300 and 400-level) meets the 135-hour pre-licensing education requirements for DC broker licensure.
REALTORS® with the GRI designation have in-depth training in legal and regulatory issues, technology, professional standards, and the sales process. Earning the designation is a way to stand out to prospective buyers and sellers as a professional with expertise in these areas.
NAR Family Designations
- The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is designed for real estate buyer agents who focus on working
directly with buyer-clients at every stage of the home-buying process.
- Instantly align yourself with the best in international real estate by earning the CIPS designation. The designation requires
completion of five full-day courses focusing on the critical aspects of international real estate transactions. CIPS designees are connected to an influential network of more than 3,500 professionals who turn to each other first when looking for
- The CRS designation is the highest credential awarded to residential sales agents, managers, and brokers. On average, CRS designees
earn nearly three times more in income, transactions, and gross sales than non-designee REALTORS®
Residential Real Estate Council Certifications
- Smart Home Certification is for the real estate professional who wants to develop expertise in the technology, privacy issues and best transitions
practices involved in selling and buying smart homes. Earn this certification while working towards your CRS designation.
- The Digital Marketing: Social Media certification is for real estate professionals who want
to develop expertise with social media resources and sites that are an essential part of today's digital marketing mix whether you are promoting your business or the properties you represent. Earn this certification while working toward your
NAR Family Certifications
As part of our continued commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion within the real estate industry, GCAAR is proud to offer the At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) certification course on Jan. 28 and 29 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
REALTORS® know the importance of adapting to remain relevant in today’s multicultural marketplace. AHWD covers how to work effectively with diverse populations by developing business practices rooted in inclusion and equality to help buyers of all cultural backgrounds achieve the dream of homeownership.
We are offering this course to our members at a reduced rate of $45 between now and Jan. 15; be sure to register early and save $15!
- NAR's Military Relocation Professional certification focuses on educating real estate professionals about working with current and former military service members to find housing solutions that best suit
their needs and take full advantage of military benefits and support.
Pricing Strategy Advisor / PSA
Enhance your skills in pricing properties, creating CMAs, working with appraisers, and guiding clients through the anxieties and misperceptions they often have about home values with NAR’s Pricing Strategy
The National Association of REALTORS® and its affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils offer many other designations and certifications. If you would like to learn about other NAR Family Designations & Certifications, please visit