Bright Community Facebook Group - Bright has launched a private group for subscribers moderated by Jay Thompson, a licensed broker, Inman News columnist, and former Director of Industry Outreach for Zillow. You will just need to answer three simple questions to verify your subscriber status for approval to join the group. Access the group here.
We Promise to:
Listen to you –we hear you, and we are committed to making sure the system performs as it should. We encourage you to join the Bright MLS Facebook group that has been created as a forum to address issues and provide feedback You can join the group here.
Advocate for you – we will work diligently on your behalf with Bright MLS management and other associations to bring about changes based on your feedback.
Communicate with you – we will provide ongoing updates through this page on gcaar.com, via email, on our social networks, and office visits.
We recognize the frustration that many of you are experiencing related to the Bright MLS transition and we want to assure you that we are working to make it better. Going forward, this page will be the resource for status updates related to Bright MLS.
In this release we made various updates to Listing Management and Search and reports including:
To review the entire list of enhancements released on March 5, click here.
In this release update, we made several enhancements which included:
To review the entire list of enhancements added, click here.
Updates as of February 21, 2019
1. Historical listings and media: The importing of historical listing data and the associated media from the TREND and MRIS systems completed early this week. Some listings have not been loaded due to errors. We’ll continue to work through those errors and add those listings to Bright.
2. We made changes to correct history, which was creating some issues with DOM/CDOM accumulating in the Coming Soon status, as well as all previously entered listings that were affected. View the recent and upcoming changes to DOM/CDOM here.
3. Tax information is now being automatically updated as it becomes available in Bright. Learn more here.
4. Street Directional Prefix now displays/exports correctly on Mailing Labels.
5. When looking at an individual office from the Agent or Office Directory of Search page, you are now able to sort the agents listed on the Our Agents Search page by First Name, Last Name or any of the column headers.
6. Fixes to the financial calculators:
Bright added a new report agent production report called “ Agent Awards Report”. It allows agents to use a custom time-period and generate a report with all their production and calculated volume, grouped by property type. Learn more about this report.
Here are are few of the January 31 updates as posted in the Release Notes. To get full list of updates, please view the Release Notes.
Because of your feedback, we’ve added the Agent and Client Gallery Reports to your Residential Sale report options in Bright. These reports offer more listing information than the Thumbnail Report in a format that’s easier to scan and print than the Full or One-Page Reports. They will be added to the other property types soon. Learn more about this report here.
You now have access to a Listing Performance report for your active listings. These detailed reports show how buyers interact with your listing and compares that listing activity to the activity on competitive properties in local markets. These are deep-dive, statistical reports that give you information to share with your clients to help them to make critical decisions during the buying or selling process. Learn more about this report here.
We are launching a new online help system at https://support.brightmls.com. Our Support team will be adding help topics to this database to use as an ongoing resource. It is purposely designed for ease of use, so you can quickly find information and related articles based on your search criteria and browsing history.
When you select Comparable Y/N = Y, the system will now automatically set the Status to Closed and the List Agent ID to 12345, a generic ID assigned to non-subscribers of Bright MLS.
Days on Market was accumulating for some listings in the Coming Soon status. This issue has been corrected for current Coming Soon listings. Listings in the Coming Soon status have had any accumulating DOM cleared, and that DOM will not continue to accumulate. Listings not in the Coming Soon status that were previously affected by this issues have not yet been corrected.
We’ve created a new process that will automatically update your listing’s tax values when the data becomes available in Public Records. There is a new field titled Automatically Update Tax Values Y/N. All existing on-market and new listings will default to having Yes selected. This will ensure that your listing is always using the most up-to-date information available in Bright. A message will indicate which fields can be updated from the Tax Record, while selecting No will require you to update these fields manually.
Please note: The processes that will automatically update tax information across listings in Bright are scheduled to begin February 18. If you choose to opt out of Automatically Update Tax Values for any of your on-market listings, please select No prior to February 18.
Here is our help text and fields that can be updated:
Bright MLS provides ongoing training. View the latest training modules by visiting the Bright MLS YouTube channel.
Even if you are fairly comfortable with the new system, changes will be ongoing, and even the smallest change can be uncomfortable or difficult to navigate. Your active participation and feedback will help ensure you can use Bright MLS to your best advantage. We ask that you please:
* Read your Bright emails.
* Attend training classes either in person or online.
* Take the actions requested in a timely manner.
* Look carefully at your listing data in Bright and share any discrepancies you find.
* Search the Online Help topics, watch videos, and take advantage of available resources.