GCAAR announces candidates for 2022 Board of Directors
Sep 14, 2021
It's time to begin the election process for your 2022 GCAAR Board of Directors!
It's time to begin the election process for your 2022 GCAAR Board of Directors! In compliance with Article XI, Section 5(A) of our Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS® (GCAAR) bylaws, the GCAAR Nominating Committee has nominated the following individuals to offices on the 2022 GCAAR Board of Directors, as indicated, subject to their election by the membership.
The election will be held by electronic ballot beginning November 1 and ending November 21 at midnight. Please review the following list of nominees; candidate biographies are coming soon.
- Immediate Past President: Jan Brito, Compass (MD)
- President: Harrison Beacher, Keller Williams Capital Properties (DC)
- President-Elect: Avi Adler, Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.* (MD)
- Secretary: Christopher Suranna, RLAH RE** (DC)
- Treasurer: Samantha Damato, Long & Foster Real Estate Inc. (DC)
Directors up for election, two-year term:
(Seven will be elected)
- Molly Branson, RLAH RE (DC)*
- Mark Butterfield, RE/MAX Realty Services (MD)*
- Russell Brazil, RLAH RE (DC)* (current board member running for second term)
- Jordan Chronopoulos, RLAH RE (DC)*
- Carlos Evans, Compass (MD)* (current board member running for second term)
- Harold Huggins, Harold H. Huggins Realty (MD)*
- Samuel Medvene, Century 21 Redwood (DC)*
- Daniel Schuler, Compass (MD)* (current board member running for second term)
- Richard "Dick" Stoner, Reist Corporation (MD)* (current board member running for second term)
The remaining five directors are completing their current two-year term:
- Jacqueline Bennett, RE/MAX Excellence Realty (MD)
- Marilyn Emery, RLAH RE (MD)
- James T. Kim, McEnearney Associates, Inc. (DC)
- Craig Rosenfeld, RE/MAC Realty Group (MD)
- Christopher Suranna, RLAH RE** (DC)
*To be elected
**Christopher Suranna is a returning director, but will resign his director position if he is elected secretary.
Additional candidates for the offices to be filled can be nominated by a petition signed by at least fifty (50) members eligible to vote. Petitions must be received by October 1, 2021.
Thank you in advance for your participation in our upcoming election!