We'll see you at the 2022 GCAAR Recognition Awards!
The 2021 GCAAR Recognition Awards event took place on March 1, 2021. You can see the video here. Be on the lookout for next year's award application process in January 2022!
Winning a GCAAR Recognition Award entitles you to use the phrase "GCAAR Recognition Award Winner" on all communications with your clients and colleagues. In addition, winners will receive the following:
- A marketing badge to use in your email signature or on your website
- Listing as a Recognition Award winner on the GCAAR website
- The opportunity to have your headshot placed on a graphic that you can use to promote your award on social media or wherever you use your head shot
- A virtual Zoom background with your award level listed on it
- Your name listed as a winner in an upcoming issue of GCAAR's magazine, Capital Area REALTOR®
- The opportunity to purchase a physical award for your home or office
Award entrants will be recognized for their individual Bright MLS transaction volume based on the below referenced awards categories.
- Bronze Award - At least $5,000,000 in volume or 12 transactions.
- Silver Award - At least $10,000,000 in volume or 40 transactions.
- Gold Award - At least $20,000,000 in volume or 60 transactions.
- Platinum Award - At least $50,000,000 in volume or 100 transactions.
Team production will be recognized as a “Team” award. GCAAR members who have reported to their broker that they are a team are not eligible to participate as an individual in the Individual category.
- Bronze Award - At least $10,000,000 in volume or 40 transactions.
- Silver Award - At least $20,000,000 in volume or 80 transactions.
- Gold Award - At least $30,000,000 in volume or 120 transactions.
- Platinum Award - At least $50,000,000 in volume or 180 transactions.
GCAAR Recognition Awards rules
1. Eligibility requirements
- Participation in the GCAAR Recognition Awards is open to all current primary members who have been in good standing since 2020 and who hold a broker, associate broker or salespersons license. (Note: Membership in Bright MLS does not automatically constitute membership in GCAAR).
- All team members MUST be GCAAR members. Team member production of non-members will be excluded from the entry submission volume.
- Principal Brokers are not eligible to enter the team competition, as the Real Estate Commission does not permit brokers as teams.
- All entrants must currently be “members in good standing” (i.e. fully paid 2021 primary GCAAR dues). Only sales and listings settled while entrant was a “member in good standing” of GCAAR will be considered.
- GCAAR will confirm eligibility for individual and team applications through Bright MLS.
2. Reporting transactions for consideration
- Transactions must have settled during the 2020 calendar year and MUST HAVE BEEN entered into Bright MLS system to be eligible for the GCAAR Recognition Awards.
- If you represented a buyer and were the listing agent during a transaction, you would receive both transactions and/or the total volume from both sides.
- Bright MLS transaction volume dollar amount and transaction count will be used in determining the entrant’s award level.
- New construction will be counted toward your total sales volume. Rental property transactions will not be counted toward your total volume or transaction number.
- Production resulting from an agent’s entering of builder’s listings in the Bright MLS on the builder’s behalf are not qualified entries and will not be counted.
- If submitting credit for a listing, a copy of the ALTA Settlement Statement must be submitted to email@example.com.
- All entries are subject to audit.
3. Advertising rules
GCAAR members are not permitted to advertise the names of recipients of the Recognition Awards prior to their presentation at the virtual awards event. When advertising or otherwise using the description of the award, it must read exactly as it appears on the awards badge, including the year.
4. How to apply
The deadline to submit applications for GCAAR's Recognition Awards was Tuesday, Feb. 16; the application process is now closed. You can watch the 2021 event here, and be on the lookout for next year's application process in January 2022!