**This course will be held virtually and is offered to our GCAAR members at a discounted rate. By registering for this class, you agree: 1) To be on time 2) To be recorded 3) To be on camera, visible and engaged only in the class throughout the class. This means no driving, walking around, no phone calls or other distractions 4) That GCAAR reserves the right to decline to issue credit if you are not in an environment conducive to learning 5) That you have ensured that your computer, camera and mic are working prior to class. Tech support is not available on classes.
THIS COURSE WILL BE HELD OVER TWO DAYS: Wednesday, November 01 and Wednesday, November 08, 2023 from 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm ET daily. You must be present & on camera all hours of both days—no makeup days will be available.
Credits: Approvals are in process for MD and D.C., so stay tuned!
The Military Relocation Professional (MRP) Certification Core Course educates REALTORS® about working with U.S. service members and their families and veterans to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs, and to help them take full advantage of available benefits and support.
What You Gain
- Knowledge of the processes and procedures involved in a military relocation and how these impact service members’ relocation and housing choices
- Ability to provide information to help members through a rent or buy, sell or rent decision-making process
- Ability to identify and provide services that help service members sell or find and purchase suitable homes
- Knowledge of the military relocation process you need to guide service members through the real estate transaction
- Ability to explain the basics of VA financing
- Access to the members-only marketing tools and resources
- The Military Relocation Professional Certification Core course is an approved elective for the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) designation.
In order to earn the certification, you must: 1)Actively participate on camera in all hours of the course across both days; 2) Be a REALTOR® member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR); 3) Complete two one-hour free webinars provided by NAR (Bringing Military Families Home and Understanding VA Loans); and 4) Complete an application and pay a one-time fee of $195 to NAR after successfully completing the course.
More information on the MRP Certification can be found here: Earn the MRP Certification | Military Relocation Professionals
***For each day of class, the connection instructions email with the Zoom link, compliance details, and course materials is sent by 5 pm ET the business day before the class.
Instructor: Mary Chieppa