GCAAR Form 1205: Residential Lease, Montgomery County
and GCAAR Form 1226: Single Family Rental Property in Montgomery County Addendum
Both GCAAR Forms 1205
were amended to adhere to the requirements for the new Montgomery County rental law (Bill 19-15, "Landlord-Tenant Relations"
If you are engaged in the business of managing rental properties, we also highly encourage you to visit the Montgomery County Department of Housing and Community Affairs' Landlord / Tenant Relations website here >
and read their overview of the new law here > GCAAR Form 1205: Residential Lease, Montgomery County
GCAAR Form 1226: Single Family Rental Property in Montgomery County Addendum
- In Paragraph 10, information was added to allow repairs by tenant if County inspection found repair a safety issue whereby Landlord has not done repair.
- In Paragraph 19D, information was added regarding the 72-hour notice requirement from landlord for inspection from Housing Code Enforcement.
- In Paragraph 34A, information was added regarding cancellation leases due to reasonable cause beyond Tenant's control, including domestic violence, senior citizen, incarceration or mental health issues.
- In paragraph 36, additional information was added to adhere to the requirement of 90 days notice for rental increases.
- In Paragraph 42, information was added regarding the Summary of Tenants' Rights and Responsibilities (view here). [Note - There will be an updated version of this Summary available from DHCA in June 2017. GCAAR will be updating its library once the updated Summary is available. Until then, we have been advised by DHCA to use the current Summary on their website.]
- In Paragraph 43, information was added regarding the Landlord-Tenant Handbook requirements (view here).
GCAAR Form 1210: Rental - Rental Increases and Lease Extensions Addendum
- In Paragraph 5, additional language was added regarding the new two-year lease renewal option requirement.
GCAAR Condominium Disclosure and Addendum Forms 921 (DC) and 922 (Montgomery County) Technical Note:
- Please be advised GCAAR's Property Management Committee is in the process of reviewing GCAAR Form 1210, for any conforming changes that may be needed.
GCAAR Condominium Disclosure and Addendum Forms 921 (DC)
and 922 (Montgomery County)
, currently on GCAAR's website, reflect the below Paragraph 3. Please ensure you are using the correct form.
3. MANAGEMENT AGENT OR AUTHORIZED PERSON: The management agent or person authorized by the Condominium to provide information to the public regarding the Condominium and the Development is as follows:
Name: ___________________________ Phone: __________________________